Friday, March 21, 2008

Lesson 9: Waste Time Wisely and Help Others




So I figure if I am going to puddle around aimlessly I might as well be doing something while I am doing nothing. This allows me to develop a "kill two birds with one stone," type of attitude and saves me a lot of time. Using time wisely is essential to saving money, because it might be the difference between having enough time to do things for yourself and paying someone else to do it due to the lack there of. Now days, people will pay good money for things that they might not need just because they feel that they have to compensate for the time they didn't spend doing that particular action (ie: not enough time for the kids = new toy; not enough time to learn = a new book; not enough time for the dog = expensive gourmet dog food). Buying things to fill up a void might be the norm in today's society, but time is much better than any material filler. So with that said I propose using your valuable free time to do some good deeds. I have included a list of websites that allow charities to raise money though their websites. Normally when I visit a commercial website I avoid ad clicking like the plague. This action is mainly because I am at the website for it's content, not to get lost in their ads. However, these charitable websites use the ad money to help feed the hungry, fight breast cancer and other noble efforts so for these sites I click everything in sight. These particular Charitable websites make it so easy to give and best of all you don't even have to open your wallet so it is absolutely free of charge. All you really have to do is click links, use their searching services or play their vocabulary game. My favorite site is the free rice one, you get a free vocabulary lesson and you get to feed the hungry all at once. Getting something for nothing can be rewarding when done correctly.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com