Friday, February 22, 2008

Lesson 6: Life is a Game so Play for the Winning Team




Ugh I cannot tell you how many times I've seen some example of rude-ness on the Internet and in real life. Just because people are protected by a computer screen and an alias, they forget manners. If a donor takes the time to post a video clip, music file or any type of valuable resource there will always be that one complainer. Somethings that I have come across, "can you post this in English," "you don't have any feeling (ie: if someone posts their musical talents)," and "you are a noob." Unfortunately, I have not kept a recorded log of these comments so I will be updating as I surf the net in the near future. There is nothing wrong with complaining about something, I do it all the time. But, I never complain about a gift. No matter how big or small, I know how to receive something and say thank you. It's not that difficult. If people complain about things that they get as gifts it usually is for the purpose of getting specifically what they want the next time around. It might make sense at first, but think about this: why would they ever want to give you anything again if you didn't accept the first gift graciously. There are improved ways of asking for things such as , "I like your video thanks for posting, but I can't understand it as I only speak English if I could find it in that language it would be great," or " I like your song, maybe you need to work on ____ though," its called an affirmation sandwich. Psychology experts use it all the time. There are many ways of soliciting people for the things you want. But, being a total a-hole about it, like others owe it to you, will get you no where. A lot of people who are guilty might be turned off by me telling them what to do or giving them advice. It's ok to think that you are perfect and don't need anyone telling you what to do, but it could be costing you some serious bucks. If you are NOT nice to the people around you, you are less likely to ask them for or be granted favors. What if one person is an expert in something and you want advice, wouldn't it be better to have a trusted friend to help you out. It is way cheaper to build contacts, for things like walking the dog, house sitting, baby sitting or what have you rather than to go to a phone book to try and locate a professional. No matter how great their advertisement might be, you don't know these people, because you don't work there and see their true personalities first hand. In a way it's sort of funny, but then when I look at the big picture it's a bit sad. Also it is best to give as well as receive, if you are the type of person who only receives people are going to figure it out and not want to give you anything. Investing in the balance of give and take it essential. Getting pegged as a "taker" is definitely a market loss to your value as a friend. I wonder if anyone else has encountered such rudeness on the net and in real life? Here are some relevant links. Ungrateful Person Story and Why are People Rude. Here is a link on dealing with Needy People. This is a video of my favorite song from the mix tape. The artist from the tape is Yuri Chika and in this video she is singing with Briohny.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com